List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Fedora 36 update vs broadcom-wl
From:       "D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh () mimosa ! com>
Date:       2022-05-31 15:51:49

I have an 11-year-old netbook.  The WiFi hardware needs the broadcom-wl
driver from RPM Fusion.

The Fedora upgrade from 35 to 36 worked fine, including keeping/updating
broadcom-wl.

But WiFi didn't work.  The desktop didn't even see the device.  I needed
to issue the command

	sudo depmod

I've had to do this in previous upgrades too.

This is pretty easy to do but not at all obvious (I leave notes to myself
so that I don't have to rediscover the solution).

My guess is that this is a simple oversight in packaging.  If so, it is an
RPMFusion problem, not a Fedora problem.