List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Disable Screensaver / Window Positions
From:       Ed Greshko <ed.greshko () greshko ! com>
Date:       2021-11-30 21:41:11

On 30/11/2021 01:23, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a fedora35 desktop with three monitors using Cinnamon standard,
> I believe.
>
> After the screensaver is activated and I then press a key to restore
> the display, all the windows from the center monitor have shifted to
> the left monitor. Why does this happen?
>
> Also, how do I even disable the screensaver? I've tried the
> "screensaver" applet in "System Settings", but there's no toggle to
> actually disable it, only to be able to control the delay before
> starting the screensaver.
>
> Perhaps you even have another desktop besides Cinnamon that you
> recommend, and is better than the default GNOME? There are other
> problems I have with it, like when using "remote desktop viewer" to
> view my Windows VM, ALT keypresses are interpreted by the viewer and
> not passed on to Windows.

I'm a bit fuzzy on this as the issue I had over 6 years ago with KDE sounds familiar.

I only had 2 identical monitors but I recall things were "jumbled" coming back from screensaver.

I had a single GPU card with 3 outputs.  DVI, HDMI, and Display Port.  I resolved my issue by making
sure the monitor I wanted to be the "primary" was connected to the HDMI port.

I probably could have fixed it with a custom Xorg.conf but it was a new install and I wanted as much
"vanilla" as possible so I didn't have to remember changes.  :-)

--
Did 황준호 die?