List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Losing audio on GStreamer-based video player after manual seek
From:       Slade Watkins <slade () sladewatkins ! com>
Date:       2021-11-29 3:22:13

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 2:14 PM Stephane Travostino <steph@combo.cc> wrote:
[snip]
> When I open a video file the default GNOME video player (Totem) or with another \
> GStreamer based video player (such as Clapper from Flathub), audio and video works \
> fine. If I seek manually forward, audio is gone, while video keeps rolling. \
> Sometimes, seeking forward another time fixes it, but not always.

This alone would tell me hardware but then...

> Doesn't happen with mpv-based video players, nor with VLC. No error in stderr. Any \
> idea what's going on and who might be the culprit? At least so I know where to open \
> the bug report.

...it working just fine with VLC or mpv-based players wouldn't make
sense. Aagh. This is definitely a messy one. Might be worth filing a
report with the players you're having an issue with, honestly. I don't
know what else to recommend other than that. Never really faced that
issue, since I usually just use VLC, haha.

             -slade