List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 35 using XFS as default for Network iso / XFCE?
From:       Chris Murphy <lists () colorremedies ! com>
Date:       2021-11-22 17:48:56

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 9:30 AM Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@greshko.com> wrote:

> But, never mind, I'll just consider it an oddity.

The particular ISO is what determines the default layout, not the
package set chosen. That's why you can get XFS by default if you use
the Server net install, but choose the Workstation package set. Or
Btrfs if you use Everything netinstall, but choose the Server package
set. I think that's the slightly confusing part is that it ends up
being an attribute of the install media.

The other oddity is that Everything isn't really "owned" by any one
working group or SIG, it's sort of a catch all media, and due to some
esoteric aspects of how images are created it was just a lot easier to
let the Everything netintsaller default to Btrfs. And also it's the
only way to do netinstalls for any of the desktop spins, they don't
each have their own. Workstation once had a netinstaller, but it was
dropped maybe 1/2 dozen releases or so ago.

--
Chris Murphy