List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Remap Super and Control on GNOME 41
From:       Leander Hutton via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2021-11-20 3:48:07

On 11/19/21 22:30, Leander Hutton via users wrote:
> I'm running Fedora Workstation 35 and I sometimes use vintage IBM keyboards that do \
> not have a super key. In previous versions of GNOME there was an option in the \
> keyboard layout and shortcuts to remap that key or indeed change the Super and \
> Control behavior. I'm not seeing an option to remap the Activities button from \
> Super in GNOME 41 anymore. Did it get removed? I used to remap it to Alt+F1.

I dug around some more and discovered that Super+S produced the same behavior as \
Super on a 103/104 key keyboard so I remapped that (and a few other things) to use \
Ctrl+Atl+<keystroke> in place of the super key. Looks like the functionality is there \
just renamed! So FYI for anyone wanting to use a Super-less keyboard on GNOME 40/41.

Thanks!

Leander

--
---