List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Does Chrome, FireFox, Brave etc use the PipeWire server now? - I get mic problems
From:       stan via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2021-09-22 19:16:35

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 03:18:06 +1000
Philip Rhoades via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 2021-09-22 23:01, stan wrote:

> > This sounds like a bug.  You could look at the list here,
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues
> > to see if it is listed.  Otherwise, you could open a new issue.
>
> OK, I will check that out.

> > Because play is working everywhere, record should work everywhere.
>
> Why is that so? - one is SNOOP and one is DMIX controlled isn't it?

I'm talking higher level than that:  if pipewire handles playback, it
should handle recording.  If it doesn't, it isn't working correctly.

> Right but how could it be a misconfiguration error if I am just using
> the "default" Mic all the time?

The default is not set to a proper value, possibly internally in
pipewire.  What does
arecord -lv
show?  Is the default set via pavucontrol one of those?  If you set
the one you want as default again in pavucontrol does it make a
difference?

> Nothing here?

I could have sworn I added this link

https://github.com/PipeWire/pipewire

At the bottom of the page there is a section called Documentation.