List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: laptop remains on after closing lid
From:       Roger Heflin <rogerheflin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-09-17 15:11:06

I learned on my work laptop running an os that will remain nameless,
that when I push the power button to suspend it, that I needed to
always watch the power light to validate that it actually did suspend.

Often enough it fails to suspend, and re-pressing the button it again
will work.    This laptop needs to suspend correctly for the same
reason as yours, the backpack will not allow it to cool properly.