List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: downloading a complete web page without using a browser...
From:       Samuel Sieb <samuel () sieb ! net>
Date:       2021-07-05 6:55:50

On 2021-07-03 8:02 p.m., dwoody5654@gmail.com wrote:
> the url I am trying to download does not have an extension ie. no '.htm' such
> as:
> https://my.acbl.org/club-results/details/338288
>
> wget does not download the correct web page.

I tried it and it worked, sort of.  The problem is that you want to
download everything to view it offline, but the site my.acbl.org has a
robots.txt that says "no robots allowed".  So wget respects that and
will not download any required files from that site other than the
initial page.  curl probably has the same issue.