List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: SATA3 _A1, SATA3_ 2, etc. -
From:       Roger Heflin <rogerheflin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-29 11:17:41

Had you been using the A* connectors and did they work reliably?

In the past I researched the different sata chipsets, and I don't
remember if I found anything definitive on the ASMedia ones.  I have
personal experience with the marvell ones and they were junk (4pt,
pcie-2lanes) as they would randomly drop all 4 disks under heavy load
(or smartctl commands), it did not act like a driver issue since the
driver was the generic AHCI driver and worked perfectly fine the
entire time with the AMD chipset sata ports.