List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Sane Scanner Resolution Configuration
From:       Stephen Morris <samorris () netspace ! net ! au>
Date:       2020-07-23 9:17:30

On 23/7/20 11:22 am, Mike Flannigan wrote:

> Glad it worked out for you.
>
> I don't know why your Sane is so different from mine.
> I cannot find the "Bind X and Y resolutions" option in
> Window - Show Advanced Options or Preferences - Setup.
>
> But your Sane works and mine works, so everybody is happy.
Yep, it is good to be working especially when xsane scans the background
colours, where the native epson scanner under windows doesn't retain the
background colours even though the option to remove background colours
is not selected.
In my xsane, if I select Window->Show advance options, the options that
are listed are 'Bind X and Y resolutions', Gamma (set to 1.8), JPEG
Quality (set to 90) and Transfer Size (set to 1048). What causes the
first checkbox to be displayed I have no idea, unless it has something
to do with the imagescan software being installed, as sane is using the
imagescan configuration file to access the scanner.

regards,
Steve