List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: [SOLVED] Audacity can't play audio on Fedora 32
From:       Łukasz Posadowski <mail () lukaszposadowski ! pl>
Date:       2020-05-31 17:12:04

Tue, 26 May 2020 18:24:18 +0530
Sreyan Chakravarty <sreyan32@gmail.com>:

> On 5/24/20 11:38 PM, stan via users wrote:
> > Pretty sure it is an RPM unless you have things configured
> > strangely. It is good to use the rpm from RPMFusion, because then
> > you get the patented audio and video codecs, so audacity can play
> > audio from videos.
> Not idea. Just went to GNOME Software and searched for Audacity and
> installed it. As long as it works fine I really don't care.
> > Did you try changing the playback device as the message suggests?
> > You need to select the analog output device in order to play audio.
>
> That did the trick. Thanks.
>
> But weirdly I have 2 more devices in Audacity that are the
> 'sysdefault' and 'default', and these are the ones that work properly.

Sorry, I didn't read entire thread, so it is possible that someone
mentioned that. It is a problem with many distributions and possibly
You are missing one package. Try:
dnf install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.x86_64
After that, Audacity will detect any sound card and interface, that
Pulse is able to detect (like every one).

--
Łukasz Posadowski