List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: AAUGH! More "helpful" software!
From:       Tom Horsley <horsley1953 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-04-28 17:12:35

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:57:01 -0400
Jonathan Billings wrote:

> I think it's the packagekit-offline-update.service that actually
> performs the update during shutdown (triggered by
> system-update.target).  I bet if you run:
> 'systemctl mask packagekit-offline-update.service'
> ... it will disable the updates during shutdown.

Bingo! I used "systemctl --root=/mnt/sysroot" to mask both
packagekit-offline-update and packagekit before booting the
first time after the reinstall, and rebooted with no messages
about installing updates. (And no gnome notifications about
new updates I desperately need to install).

Thanks!

Now I can do a dnf makecache and dnf update when I want
to do it.