List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: X11 connection rejected
From:       "Patrick Dupre" <pdupre () gmx ! com>
Date:       2020-02-07 18:16:45

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre@gmx.com
 Laboratoire interdisciplinaire Carnot de Bourgogne
 9 Avenue Alain Savary, BP 47870, 21078 DIJON Cedex FRANCE
 Tel: +33 (0)380395988

> >> 1.  system-config-users already has it's own method to elevate privilege, so
> >> no need for sudo
> > When logged:
> > $ system-config-users
> > Error executing command as another user: Not authorized
> >
> > $ sudo system-config-users
> > X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
> > system-config-users requires a currently running X server.
> > GtkWarning: 'could not open display'
> >

> >> 2.  ssh root@host system-config-users
> > ssh pdupre@192.168.14.154 system-config-users
> > Error executing command as another user: Not authorized
> > This incident has been reported.
> >
> > ssh -X pdupre@192.168.14.154 system-config-users
> > pdupre@192.168.14.154's password:
> > Error executing command as another user: Not authorized
> > This incident has been reported
> >
> > ssh -X root@192.168.14.154 system-config-users
> > as for a root password.
> > There is no root.
> > Do I need to create a root user?
> >

> Seriously, you need to supply more information than you've revealed thus far.
>
> What version of Fedora are you running on the system you which to ssh to?
Linux Eschyle 5.4.17-100.fc30.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Feb 1 19:15:35 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> Can you do the most basic?  "ssh root@192.168.14.154"  ?
>
> If you are logged into the 192.168.14.154 can you "su -"?

I did not create any root on this machine. Do I need to do it?
All root connections fail (from he machine of from remote).