List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Authentication is required to mount /dev/fedora_localhost-live/home - SOLVED
From:       Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-02-04 11:51:44

On Tue, 2020-02-04 at 07:35 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 2020-02-04 06:56, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > It wouldn't surprise me. How can I unravel this (short of a complete
> > reinstallation)? I'm not enamoured of LVM and would be quite happy to
> > revert to basic partitioning, but if that isn't feasible I'm willing to
> > move forward to LVM-only if that's what it takes.
>
> Well, first I would try to mount /dev/mapper/fedora_localhost--live-home someplace
> to see if there is any data to save.

I did. There's nothing on it.

> If not, I'd use lvremove to get rid of it.

Did that.

> And then I'd use lvextend to distribute the freed space to root.  That, or use pvresize
> to release the space from the pv.

Not sure if there is any actual space, but I'll look into it.

> Of course, I'd have to learn about those commands a bit more since it has been years
> since I've used them.  :-) :-)

Same here :-)

However, after removing the LVM and rebooting, I'm no longer getting
the pop-up, so I'm crossing my fingers and declaring the issue solved.

Many thanks to all who made suggestions.

poc