List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Authentication is required to mount /dev/fedora_localhost-live/home
From:       Ed Greshko <ed.greshko () greshko ! com>
Date:       2020-02-03 23:35:59

On 2020-02-04 06:56, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> It wouldn't surprise me. How can I unravel this (short of a complete
> reinstallation)? I'm not enamoured of LVM and would be quite happy to
> revert to basic partitioning, but if that isn't feasible I'm willing to
> move forward to LVM-only if that's what it takes.

Well, first I would try to mount /dev/mapper/fedora_localhost--live-home someplace
to see if there is any data to save.

If not, I'd use lvremove to get rid of it.

And then I'd use lvextend to distribute the freed space to root.  That, or use pvresize
to release the space from the pv.

Of course, I'd have to learn about those commands a bit more since it has been years
since I've used them.  :-) :-)

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.