List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Some things that would make Linux/KDE better for me...
From:       Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-01-28 16:52:08

On Tue, 2020-01-28 at 21:59 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 2020-01-28 20:35, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > As the OP implied, some of us like to start a session with a set of
> > windows preloaded on specific desktops (and even in tabs in those
> > windows). Can the FN+FX technique deal with this?
>
> I don't know what "tabs in those window" means.

Example: I have a window with two email accounts and several other
things in it. Another window is open to several news sites. Those two
windows live on the same desktop. A third window is open to a
crosswords page and lives on a desktop where I have a large Konsole
window, so I can easily open URLs without switching desktops. There are
several others (6 desktops in total) but that's the general idea.

> But my requirements are rather simple.  I have 6 desktops and 2 screens.  Using the \
> "Windows Rules" I've defined a set of rules for my commonly used applications so \
> when they are started the will be placed on the desktop and screen and size and \
> coordinates I want them.

Again, I don't know how this works when a single application has
multiple windows on different desktops, especially if those windows
have multiple tabs. Maybe you don't do that.

poc