List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: VNC alternatives
From:       Robert Moskowitz <rgm () htt-consult ! com>
Date:       2018-10-05 16:04:59

On 10/5/18 11:57 AM, Francis.Montagnac@inria.fr wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 11:07:28 -0400 Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>>> Type=simple
>>> Replace thus:
>>>     ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver -autokill %i
>>> by:
>>>     ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver -fg %i
>>> -autokill is useless with -fg
>> Thank you. I will review this.
>> I updated bug 1633805
>> Actually the service is running,
> Does it work?
>
> Are you able to connect to it with vncviewer?

I am able to connect and do useful stuff.

When I first connect, it goes directly to the session.  No additional
log in.  Screensaver does work, so if I come back later, I have to
unlock the session.

>> no pid file. At least by the standard name. I looked in the whole
>> file system, not just under my user.
>> definitely weird.
> This is normal: there is no pid file for a service of Type simple:
> systemd controls it simply as a child process.

I did not change to simple.  Still using forking.

I have not really looked into your latest recommendations.