List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: VNC alternatives
From:       D&R <dwoody5654 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-09-26 16:59:18

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 10:25:45 -0400
Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:

> It seems Tiger-vncserver is broken WRT polkit for any spin other than
> gnome.  Definitely not Xfce that I use.  The work around is nasty:
> Connect via SSH and run vncserver from the command line. But probably
> can do it better via SCREEN and just forget about that screen session...
>
> So it is time to look at the alternatives.  I know they are out there
> and have been talked about on this list, but my search foo is weak (as
> always).  So can I have a bit of help in figuring out what to replace my
> decades-old connection to VNC?

I was having problems with vnc not always being able to connect. I have
now switched to x2go. It has been working well for about 2 weeks.
One note -- sometimes I have to change the window size for the text to look
good. It has not been enough of a problem to get me to look for a config
error or some other condition that will fix it.

David