List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: OT: trace/extract vector points from a picture
From:       fred roller <fredroller66 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-08-12 7:25:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Don't know what the image looks like but typically you could make a copy
layered, that copy you tweak the colors until the part you want is heavily
contrasted.  Using the selection tool you should be able to select and cut
the alligator/Crocidile from the layered copy. From here you should be able
to capture your image...  Or, in GIMP anyways, you can zoom in and using
the free form selection tool, zoom in to the edge of your lizard and
painstakingly select the border.  Once selected you simply right click and
find the copy selection option, right click again and paste as a new
image.  The latter was my go to for most of this kind of work so put on a
good movie and be patient if you choose this option..  HIH.