List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: OT: trace/extract vector points from a picture
From:       Tim via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2018-08-11 19:51:58

Allegedly, on or about 11 August 2018, None via users sent:
> I took a picture of alligator/crockodile? boots that have a nice
> stitched drawing.  I would like if any drawing/picture expert can
> help me get just the part of the gator/crock from the drawing?

You can use programs like GIMP to trace over an image.  Load your
picture as a background, create a layer over the top of it, then draw
on the layer, tracing your picture.  After you've traced it, hide your
background, and you've got your tracing to work with by itself.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.16.11-100.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 22 20:02:12 UTC 2018 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

George Orwell's '1984' was supposed to be a warning against tyranny,
not a set of instructions for supposedly democratic governments.