List:       fedora-list
Subject:    The IPA Server hostname must not resolve to localhost (127.0.0.1). A routable IP address must be use
From:       "Peter Bittner" <peter.bittner () gmx ! net>
Date:       2018-03-27 11:48:32

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up an all-in-one infrastructure system (using Vagrant), which \
included FreeIPA, libvirt and The Foreman, and some other software. The Idea is that \
I (locally) bootstrap such a system that helps users to create their definite \
infrastructure management setup in the end.

Naturally, this entails that FreeIPA is installed on localhost. This, however, \
doesn't seem to work: The `ipa-server-install` script aborts and issues the following \
error message:

    The IPA Server hostname must not resolve to localhost (127.0.0.1). A routable IP \
address must be used. [...]

Is there any way to make a local install happen? Or what do I have to do instead?

Any thoughts and ideas highly appreciated,
Peter