List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Hardware errors
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2018-02-17 13:00:23

Hi.  After a long time away from Linux I'll be asking some newby-type
questions, so I'll apologise from the start.

I have just installed the KDE Spin of FC27 to a four-year-old Lenovo
G510 laptop, with a 120GB drive installed.  Dring bootup I'm seeing
messages about hardware failures.  They don't linger long enough to
write them down, and boot.log appears to be empty (unless that's because
I'm logged in as user, not root).  They mention

TSC_Deadline
mce
dracut-pre-udev

How desperate is this?  Is it really telling me it's time to ditch that
laptop?

Anne