List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Upgrade Centos 6 to Centos 7 (32 Bits)
From:       Ranjan Maitra <maitra () email ! com>
Date:       2017-11-27 23:36:49

A bigger issue may be that the OP wants to do a 32-bit upgrade. From what I \
understand, the 32-bit is not supported by CentOS, but is at: \
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/i386/

I doubt that a direct upgrade is possible or useful, given that the EPEL stuff may \
not even be there for this version of CentOS.

Ranjan

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 04:20:07 +0800 Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@greshko.com> wrote:

> On 11/28/17 01:11, JD wrote:
> > Found this, which seems to indicate, yes it can be done.
> > https://linuxacademy.com/blog/linux/centos-7-upgrading-from-centos-6-x-in-place/
>
> Except that article is from 2014 and the subsequent articles which say the tools
> mentioned in the article are broken come after that.
>
> So, I wouldn't put my faith in old information.
>

> > On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko@greshko.com
> > <mailto:ed.greshko@greshko.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/27/17 21:34, Ger van Dijck wrote:
> > > Is there a way to upgrade Centos 6 to Centos 7 (32 Bits) in the same way as I \
> > > can upgrade Fedora 26 to Fedora 27 with the utility "dnf system-upgrade" ?
> >

> > A quick Google search seems to indicate that upgrade from 6 to 7 is problematic \
> > at best and disastrous at worse.
> >
> > Google search term was "centos upgrade 6 to 7".
> >
> > But you may find more help by going to https://www.centos.org/forums/   or
> >
> > --
> > Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly

> --
> Fedora Users List - The place to go to speculate endlessly

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. \