List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: libgcrypto file conflicts during dnf update
From:       Michael Schwendt <mschwendt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-11-24 19:50:43

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 18:02:03 +0000 (UTC), Amadeus W.M. wrote:

> I was doing a regular dnf -y update on a F26 and I got this file conflict:
>
> Error: Transaction check error:
>   file /usr/share/doc/libgcrypt/AUTHORS from install of
> libgcrypt-1.7.9-1.fc26.i686 conflicts with file from package
> libgcrypt-1.7.8-1.fc26.x86_64
>   file /usr/share/doc/libgcrypt/NEWS from install of
> libgcrypt-1.7.9-1.fc26.i686 conflicts with file from package
> libgcrypt-1.7.8-1.fc26.x86_64
>
> Error Summary
> -------------
>

> It's a 64 bit machine and I don't even know why I have libgcrypt - i686,
> but trying to remove that triggers a bunch of other i686 packages to be
> removed and the mess is spreading.
>
> How do I force overwriting the AUTHORS and NEWS files? I tried
> --allowerasing but I got the same error.

Don't. It should just work. The version of both the x86_64 and i686
packages is the same, _normally_, because both builds of the package
are put into the repository at the same time.

What do you get for

  dnf list libgcrypt
  rpm -qa libgcrypt\*

?

The 1.7.9-1.fc26 release is available in updates for two weeks or so.

Unfortunately, you've truncated the dnf output, so not much is known.
It's also interesting that dnf doesn't protect against multilib breakage.