List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: My poor brain! New rsyslog.conf syntax
From:       Tom Horsley <horsley1953 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-07-28 14:17:38

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:09:55 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> For the logging I just made these changes to the rsyslog.conf
>
> module(load="imuxsock"    # provides support for local system logging (e.g. via
> logger command)
>       SysSock.Name="/run/systemd/journal/syslog")  # read from socket
>
> #       SysSock.Use="off") # Turn off message reception via local log socket;
>                           # local messages are retrieved through imjournal now.
>
> #module(load="imjournal"            # provides access to the systemd journal
> #       StateFile="imjournal.state") # File to store the position in the journal
>

> Works fine.....
>
> This was a help....
>
> http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/index.html

Yes! That does it. Many Thanks!

With /etc/systemd/journald.conf changed to say Storage=none
and ForwardToSyslog=yes and the changes you gave above to
/etc/rsyslog.conf I now get text log files which continue
to update even after the boot process is finished, and I
don't get binary nonsense accumulating in /var/log/journal
any longer!