List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: A single mouse click is interpreted as two clicks
From:       Tim <ignored_mailbox () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2016-10-27 14:08:19

Allegedly, on or about 26 October 2016, Paul Smith sent:
> Thanks, Tom, for your suggestion. By replacing my mouse with a
> different one, the reported problem disappears. Therefore, it is a
> hardware problem -- my first mouse is faulty.

It's a common problem.  The buttons get a lot of clicking, and they're
directly soldered onto the printed circuit board.  So you have switch
wear-out, as well as soldering fractures to contend with.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages