List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: F24 Mate: VDQ minimize
From:       stan <stanl-fedorauser () vfemail ! net>
Date:       2016-10-29 17:19:02

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 19:02:15 -0400
Fred Smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 07:40:23PM +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> >
> > 	I'm running F24 with Mate (with four panels, if that
> > matters), and I can't seem to find windows I've minimized. Where
> > are they? How do I get them back??
>
> I'm running the epel Mate on Centos 7. the bottom panel shows all
> windows whether open or minimized, just like Gnome2 (or Windoze 95,
> for that matter).

To the OP, what happens if you press Alt-Tab and let it go?  That
should bring up an alternate view. In fact, holding it should show a
dialog with a list of all alternatives available to you. Your minimized
windows should be in that list, and selectable by continuing to press
Tab to step through the list.

Is it possible you deleted the window instead of minimizing it?
Windows shouldn't just disappear on their own.  If they are, it's a
bug.  Were there any updates immediately before this started to happen?