List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Polkit General Protection Fault
From:       "T.C. Hollingsworth" <tchollingsworth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-23 6:49:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mar 22, 2015 2:54 PM, "Arthur Dent" <misc.lists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have, for some time, been getting these messages in my logs:
>
> =============8<=============================================
> WARNING:  General Protection Faults in these executables
>     traps: polkitd :  2 Time(s)

Looks like polkitd crashed twice during your logwatch report interval. If
you have the Automatic Bug Reporting Tool (ABRT) installed it should have
picked these crashes up and allow you to file a bug for them.

I believe polkitd will be automatically started by dbus when it is needed
again so you might not ever notice any ill effects. On the other hand, you
might find that you are unable to perform administrator actions from the
GUI when this happens. It wouldn't affect anything else.

>  **Unmatched Entries**
<snip>

These are all completely harmless. You should configure logwatch to ignore
them and/or file a bug to have them ignored by the default configuration.

-T.C.