List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: For F20, during shutdown is the hwclock updated...
From:       dwoody5654 <dwoody5654 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-10 10:30:03

On 03/10/2015 03:52 AM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 1:26 AM, dwoody5654 <dwoody5654@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have done several searches to find this info. I have searched for systemd,
>> shutdown, rtc, hwclock and combinations of those key words and not found
>> what I was looking for.
>>
>> For F20, during shutdown is the hwclock updated?
> No.  systemd systems do not touch the RTC on shutdown:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-May/002526.html
Thanks for the info.
Then I should be able to set the wakealarm to reboot at a specified time
and shutdown. It would then reboot at the time specified in the rtc. For ex.
     echo 0  > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
     echo `date -u '+%s' -d '+ 5 minutes'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
     #verify alarm is set
     cat /proc/driver/rtc
     shutdown
The computer never boots up.
In F9 with a small change to the halt init script (halt did update the
hwclock) the computer would boot as desired.
After reading the link you provided I would expect the above to work in
F20, but it does not at least not on my computer.

The output from the `cat /proc/driver/rtc` is:
rtc_time    : 10:27:11
rtc_date    : 2015-03-10
alrm_time    : 10:31:27
alrm_date    : 2015-03-10
alarm_IRQ    : yes
alrm_pending    : no
update IRQ enabled    : no
periodic IRQ enabled    : no
periodic IRQ frequency    : 1024
max user IRQ frequency    : 64
24hr        : yes
periodic_IRQ    : no
update_IRQ    : no
HPET_emulated    : no
BCD        : yes
DST_enable    : no
periodic_freq    : 1024
batt_status    : okay

I am missing something but I cannot figure out what it is.
Any ideas what I have wrong?

Thanks,

David