List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora power management
From:       "T.C. Hollingsworth" <tchollingsworth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-08-06 7:40:07

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM, CLOSE Dave
<Dave.Close@us.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I interpret your comments to imply that, because
> I'm using KDM, the laptop should never go to sleep while at the login
> screen. Unfortunately, that is not my experience. If the laptop is
> closed, it goes to suspend within a few minutes. That is what I'm trying
> to prevent.

Oh, this is probably systemd.   I glossed over the word "laptops" in
the beginning of your e-mail, sorry.

systemd (by default) doesn't put idle systems to sleep, but it does
put closed laptops to sleep when no desktop power management system is
active (e.g. when KDM is running).

Just set HandleLidSwitch=ignore in /etc/systemd/logind.conf to turn it
off.  See `man logind.conf` for more information.

-T.C.