List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora Scrolling Lag
From:       Ed Greshko <ed.greshko () greshko ! com>
Date:       2014-03-31 23:56:53

On 04/01/14 07:31, c. marlow wrote:
> ah Ok then Roger thats something I havent done yet... Install the Nvidia drivers... \
> I guess I am using whatever came with this fresh install how do I see what I have \
> and how do I go about installing them?

Fedora doesn't ship with, or support the nVidia drivers.  They only supply the \
opensouce nouveau driver for nVidia hardware.   Assuming you do have nVidia hardware \
you should see the nouveau driver module loaded when you consult the output of \
"lsmod".

There are several ways to install the proprietary nVidia drivers.  I prefer the \
RPMfusion method.

You'd go to  http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration and follow the instructions for \
enabling the RPMfusion Free and Non-Free repositories.

Then....

yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia kmod-nvidia

Should be sufficient.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts