List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: video shimmer [Case closed, but not solved]
From:       Tom Horsley <horsley1953 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-31 17:39:38

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:14:39 -0400
Claude Jones wrote:

> My old IOGear KVM...

Yep. I've tried several KVM switches over the years
for one reason or another, and the IOGear I had (till
it died) was the only one that ever worked reliably.

One thing you can do on linux these days that could
help with stoopid KVM switches is to specify the
EDID info on the kernel command line. That helps
get the video resolution correct when you boot the
system and it can't talk to the monitor.