List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Better clock on panel in KDE?
From:       Colin J Thomson <colin () g6avk ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-07-22 18:48:12

Hi,

On Mon 22 July 2013 13:50:19 Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:

>   Just started using KDE and now I would like to have a clock on the panel
> that simply shows something like "1:48pm, Mon Jul 22". I can't seem to do
> this with the default clock.

The clock in the panel can easily do this as it is very configurable.
Right click on it > Digital Clock Settings > Appearance
Then select the Toolbox next to the Date Format option.

Or an easier route:

System Settings > Locale > Date and Time tab.

When you mouse over each option you will be shown a table of what you can
change for example the Time, Date etc to a layout that suits you.
For example:

pH:MM AMPM will give the the short time in 12 hour clock format - 7:40 pm

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora 19 (Schrödinger's Cat)