List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.9
From:       Rex Dieter <rdieter () math ! unl ! edu>
Date:       2012-05-10 20:17:15

John Aldrich wrote:

> Anyone know when KDE 4.9 will be released in Fedora? Will that be in
> F16 or F17?

We (fedora's kde team) generally do one major kde update per fedora release,
which means only f17+ will likely see any kde-4.9.x (officially).  depending
on how testing and bugs shake out, the process usually means we don't ship
any .0 releases, so 4.9.1 will likely be the earliest.  According to:
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Release_Schedule
that will hit the streets approximately Oct 2, 2012.

> I'm anxious to know because a major "glitch" in KMail is
> supposedly fixed in 4.9

mind sharing more detail what the glitch is for you?  we could look into if
there's anything that can be done in the 4.8 timeframe instead.

-- rex