List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: in case you did not know about kerTeX distribution
From:       suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-31 21:55:07

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 23:48, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rex,
>
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 20:53, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
>> You continue to make the assertion that fedora's (official or unofficial)
>> texlive is crippled, particularly due to patents.
>>
>> Can you provide details or evidence of that?
>
> I use the TeXLive DVD because among other things TiKZ is completely
> borked in the Fedora packages.

I would also be interested to know if it is possible to not have hard
dependencies on texlive for some packages[1], e.g. R, auctex, ooolatex
etc. Then I can safely uninstall the Fedora TeXLive and use the DVD
without keeping duplicates.

[1] I am aware of creating dummy packages, but I'm not very
comfortable with rpmbuild and haven't tried my hand at it.

--
Suvayu