List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Trouble with Burning Video DVD's
From:       Patrick Lists <fedora-list () puzzled ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2011-12-30 18:04:04

On 30-12-11 16:30, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 30/12/11 15:13, Charlie McVeigh wrote:
>
> Lastly I used K3b to burn the .iso
>> image to a DVD+R disk.
>

> This could be the problem.
> Retry with a DVD-R,
> they are better supported iirc.

I recall having the same experience with DVD+R not working everywhere.
At the time DVD-R seemed to be better supported. I have seen rewritable
media have even more issues so don't be surprised if a DVD+RW (or
DVD-RW) disc does not work at all in even more appliances. DVD players
in older laptops and computers can also have issues. If available, a
firmware update of the DVD player could improve that.

Regards,
Patrick