List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: I've got an interesting problem (at least to me).....
From:       Kevin Martin <kevintm () ameritech ! net>
Date:       2011-09-30 11:19:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 09/29/2011 10:45 AM, Joe Wulf wrote:
> Interesting thread.  :)
>
> I would like to know a bit more about your process for booting knoppix (which \
> version/edition, too) and rsync'ing between the two  partitions.  Thanks.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, so what I ultimately did was boot into Knoppix, grab a program called "meld", \
make it, and then "meld" the equivalent partitions (after mounting them under \
/media).  This gave me a long diff'd list of changes on the two filesystems and then \
I manually picked and chose which files to move over to my "main" hard drive.  I \
really wanted to use kdiff3 but it became a huge PITA trying to get it compiled under \
Knoppix.  I then made sure to reset my UUID's on the secondary drive (tune2fs -U \
random /dev/sdb[#]) so when I rebooted I was back on only one drive for all of my \
mount points.  Then, just for the sake of doing it, I did an "rpm --rebuilddb" and a \
"yum update".   I only now have one problem with nouveau but I'm hoping the update \
fixed that.

Kevin