List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: F10 network issue
From:       Anoop <anoop.chargotra () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-18 11:11:32

> [rxgz@DeepBlue ]$ /sbin/chkconfig --level 35 network on
>
> Internet connection is not O.K.
>
> here when I check the network settings the subnet mask is changed to 192.168.1.1 ???
>
> address:         192.168.1.2
> subnet mask:     192.168.1.1
> default gateway: 192.168.1.1
This is bug in system-config-network which copies gateway address  to
subnet mask. I edited the interface files in
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices manually to set the addresses.
I disabled 'NetworkManager' and enabled 'network' by running 'setup'.
After a reboot everything was in place and running.

Thanks,
Anoop