List:       fedora-list
Subject:    The Case of the Missing Characters
From:       kwhiskerz kwhiskerz <kwhiskerz () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-31 19:53:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

In the last 2-3 weeks, I have had the following happen on at least 2 occasions. \
Someone also mentioned it on fedoraforum.org, so this is not unique to my keyboard.I \
have noticed that when I am typing, the letters v,b,f,g,r,t,4,5 do not always type, \
making it very difficult to write emails and enter commands. The curious thing, as I \
just ascertained a moment ago, is that the missing characters all line up diagonally \
on the keyboard.I am using the pc105 character german keyboard setting with all dead \
keys, like it is supposed to be, and have the system set to use utf-8, which is the \
default. I have also enabled the xkbd compose key option, although I don't really \
need it, having an international keyboard with dead keys, on the useless key to the \
left of the right ctrl key.Could there be some problem with keysim mappings or \
something? I thought that, since the keys all line up, that there could be a problem \
with the keyboard, but as I had said, it has only happened twice in the last 3 weeks \
and someone else reported the problem on fedoraforum about 2 weeks ago.kwhiskerz{ \
Live.com homepage with the news, weather, and photos you care about. \
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx?icid=T001MSN30A0701