List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: A couple of questions
From:       "Anil Kumar Sharma" <xplusaks () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-05 17:41:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

IMO you have to create new user names in your FC5 installation.
/home/usernames has many hidden files and folders keeping settings and
preferences of your programs / executables. Finding one to one compatibilit=
between ubuntu and fedora settings is difficult.
Suggest that you retain only your old user data files in /home and take
appropriate care of old setting files.

/root is a new username in your FC5 installation so it works OK. So will
other newusernames if U create them in FC5.

HTH.

--
Anil Kumar Shrama