List:       fedora-games-list
Subject:    Re: Self-introduction: =?UTF-8?B?UsOpbWk=?= Verschelde (Akien)
From:       Alexandre Detiste <alexandre.detiste () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-07-23 9:35:43

Hi,

Le mercredi 20 juillet 2016, 07:40:26 Rémi Verschelde a écrit :

> I'm likely one of the black sheeps here as I am neither a Fedora
> packager nor a Fedora user :-)

You're not the only one.

Hey, I'm now a RedHat "architect": I can tell the admin what to do,
but can't have access myself to a shell (segregeation of duties)...
how frustrating ;-P

> I am however a Mageia packager and user (another RPM-based
> community-driven distro [0], for those that don't know it) and believe
> in cross-distro collaboration on packaging, so I often try to reach
> out to Fedora and Debian maintainers to share developments.

I too believe in cross-distro colaboration; after the project I'm working on has made \
good progress on RPMFusion & SuSE repositories; I switched the sample .specfile to \
Mageia; to make your life easier:

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-games/game-data-packager.git/commit/?id=499efe2e45ee1a4474868853f7c9c17fdca9173e

With a little GUI, this tool could act as a meta overlay over GOG.com / Steam
to let users pick up verified non-free data needed by free engines. (scummvm, FPS's \
etc...)

It's already so much better than to follow 17 steps howto's.

Greets,

Alexandre Detiste