List:       fedora-docs-list
Subject:    New version document (specifically 34), does not contain additional guidelines to modify the install
From:       "Alireza Haghshenas" <alirezahaghshenas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-05-02 7:50:46

Consider this scenario: I have installed 33 (KDE) and decided to upgrade to 34, in \
part to benefit from the change to pipewire. After the upgrade, I discover that the \
system's audio stability is now much worse than before. Also, it appears that \
pipewire is not my default audio server.

So most QAs regarding similar problems in 34 do not apply to me. My system is in an \
intermediate state between 33 and 34.

I don't have the statistics, but I expect that a non-negligible percentage of each \
version's users should be people who have upgraded from a previous version. If there \
is no guideline for them, they will not benefit from these changes.

So here is my suggestion: A section be added to the "Upgrading Your Current System" \
document on how to enable some of the changes that will be default in the latest \
release.

For instance:

## Setting Pipewire as the default audio service
In 34, pipewire is now the default audio service, you can read more about this change \
(here)[link] and follow (these)[link] steps to modify your current system to match \
these new defaults. Or alternatively: You can run this command to modify your \
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines