List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5B389-users=5D?= Migration: importing an OU to a new instance
From:       tdarby () arizona ! edu
Date:       2023-09-13 16:44:00

I've read this doc:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_directory_server/12/html/importi \
ng_and_exporting_data/importing-data-to-directory-server_importing-and-exporting-data

The export from server A to an LDIF file works and I've done some testing but it \
seems like the import feature always deletes existing OUs on server B that aren't in \
the exported LDIF file. Am I missing something? I'd like to simply get an LDIF of all \
the entries in Server A and populate only that OU in server B.

Related, this bit is bewildering
Optional: By default, Directory Server sets the entry update sequence numbers (USNs) \
of all imported entries to 0. To set an alternative initial USN value, set the \
nsslapd-entryusn-import-initval parameter. For example, to set USN for all imported \
values to 12345, enter:

I don't understand what this means or the consequences of taking the default or not. \
Server B is already in multi-supplier replication with other servers, so I worry \
about screwing that up with any import choices I might make. \