List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5B389-users=5D?= Expected Write/Read Behavior in a Supplier/Consumer scenario...
From:       "Artur Lojewski" <lojewski () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-07-02 20:54:47

Hi,

I am a  LDAP newbie and running into a problem with a simple LDAP supplier - consumer \
scenario. The topology is as follows:

One 389 DS instance is set up as a read-only replica, the second one as read-write \
supplier. The replication agreement is in place and any LDAP modifications to the \
consumer are getting the proper referral to the supplier. The modifications \
(immediate) are also properly replicated back to the consumer.

Question: If I issue a delete operation to a read-only replica, and the delete \
request ist properly resend to the actual supplier, can I expect (?) that an \
immediate read to the consumer does not find the deleted object? Or do I have to wait \
until the supplier initiated replication (immediate) has taken place?

The current behavior his that I still can read back the "deleted" object from the \
read-only replica until the replication is over. Is that correct behavior? Or can I \
'tweak' things that even on a read-only replica a deleted object is immediately not \
available, even before replication starts.

Thanks in advance,

Artur