List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5B389-users=5D?= Re: user changing pass crashes 389ds
From:       Mark Reynolds <mareynol () redhat ! com>
Date:       2016-08-22 20:05:39

On 08/22/2016 03:03 PM, Frank Rosquin wrote:
> ldappasswd -ZZ -H ldap://serverip -x -D "user_to_change_DN" -W -A -S
>
> same, causes 389ds to crash.
>
> The rest of your questions are really non-trivial for me to set up :(
I can not reproduce the crash on 1.3.2.

Are you using any special characters in the passwords you are using?  Do
you have the terminal output from when ldapasswd crash the server?  The
DN of the user you are changing the password for, are there any special
characters in the DN?

I'm trying to figure what could be different between our tests.  This is
what I see:

# ldappasswd -ZZ -H ldap://localhost:389 -D "uid=mark,dc=example,dc=com" -W -S -A
Old password: <password>
Re-enter old password: <password>
New password: <PASSWORD>
Re-enter new password: <PASSWORD>
Enter LDAP Password: <password>

Going back to the stacktrace you provided...  As William mentioned the
stack traces are missing some symbols (the important ones).  Can you
please get the output of:

# rpm -qa | grep 389

I want to verify the right packages are installed, and get the exact
version of the 389-ds-base package you have.

Thanks,
Mark