List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    Re: [389-users] DS querying members groups not showing recent/updated members
From:       Rich Megginson <rmeggins () redhat ! com>
Date:       2015-05-15 19:57:14

On 05/15/2015 12:36 PM, Ghiurea, Isabella wrote:
> HI LIst,
>
> we are seeing some strange behavoiurs in our DS ( members of pluging is enabled)
> if  we add a user to a group we can't see that new user in group for some minutes \
> /days , the follwing curl returns 0 members in group but ( there were already 2 \
> members+ 1 added ) running  same curl command today (2 days later) the
> group memberships now show up as expected:
>
> curl -v -u xxxxxx "http://www.ababababababb?
> ID=xxxx&IDTYPE=http&ROLE=member"
>
> So, there is something in LDAP which is taking a long time and is affecting group \
> queries.
> we wol;d like to know if this can be a case when using 'membership plugin' that \
> aggregates user membership for reporting?

Firstly, rpm -q 389-ds-base

Are you using IdM/IPA or plain 389?

The best way to test would be to use ldapsearch.

1) Get the user entry before doing some operation to add/remove from group:
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -w "password" -b
"dc=your,dc=base,dc=suffix" "uid=theuserid" \* memberof

2) Perform some sort of operation to modify group membership
whatever that is

3) Get the user entry after:
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -w "password" -b
"dc=your,dc=base,dc=suffix" "uid=theuserid" \* memberof

4) Get the group entry after:
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -w "password" -b
"dc=your,dc=base,dc=suffix" "cn=nameofgroup"