List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    [389-users] password policy settings
From:       "Elizabeth Jones" <bajones () panix ! com>
Date:       2014-06-18 4:05:55

The password policy settings that I have configured in my ldap don't seem
to be taking effect.  For instance - I just set the policy on a user
account so that the password has to contain 8 characters, alpha, numeral,
uppercase and lowercase and special character.  Then I changed and saved
the password for this account through jexplorer and did not follow any of
the complexity rules and it saved without batting an eyelash, and I can
authenticate using this account and password.  Clearly I am missing
something.  Any idea what?  I configured global policy in addition to the
individual user policy, global policy is identical to what I configured
for user.

thanks -
EJ