List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    Re: [389-users] AutoFS configurations stored in 389-ds
From:       Rob Crittenden <rcritten () redhat ! com>
Date:       2014-06-12 12:46:09

warron.french wrote:
> Most of us know that you can use the /etc/nsswitch.conf file to tell a
> specific NetworkService-oriented feature to use files, nis ldap or etc..
> and in that order.
>

> So, in my question where in CentOS' /etc/nsswitch.conf file, I want to
> have */automount /*point to *ldap *for configuration, not *files.*
> *
> *
> *Can anyone* help me with the proper syntax in LDIF for getting the
> equivalent syntax for the files:
> /etc/auto.master, and
> /etc/auto.home
>
> into my 389-ds instance.
>
> I found several webpages but they all appear to be misleading or out of
> date.  I would like to do this work for an isolated environment I am
> working on, and also document it for longevity's sake.
>
> My actual work PC is currently broken, I cannot share a copy of the
> files I want to provide as my *file*-/based/ configurations for
> automounting NFS shares.
>
> Can someone help me, I would love to collaborate and document this/these
> steps associated.

I'd suggest starting with http://www.padl.com/~lukeh/rfc2307bis.txt to
get the schema. In IPA we used the automount* attributes and
objectclasses (there is also a schema that uses nis*).

There is some minimal documentation at
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/s2-nfs-config-autofs-LDAP.html

The autofs.master man page has a section on ldap. You may want to look
at the autofs_ldap_auth.conf man page too.

rob