List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Rename or Hide o=NetscapeRoot
From:       Richard Megginson <rmeggins () redhat ! com>
Date:       2006-03-27 23:13:41

Yann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've, again, a curious question :-) ;
>
> It's possible to rename o=NetscapeRoot ? to something else like o=MyRoot ?

It's possible only with some serious code-fu, and it's not something
we're likely going to do in the near future.
> And/or, it's possible to hide the entry o=NetscapeRoot from unpriviligied users
> ? I've ACL on it to deny read inside, but, the "o=NetscapeRoot" stay visible
> when anonymous user browse with an LDAP browser for example.

The console requires anonymous search/read access on o=netscaperoot in
order to login.  This is so you can just type in "admin" for your user
name instead of
"uid=admin,cn=Administrators,ou=TopologyManagement,o=NetscapeRoot".
However, if you don't mind typing in the latter every time you
authenticate to the console or to admin express, you should be able to
remove that anonymous access aci.