List:       fedora-directory-users
Subject:    RE: [Fedora-directory-users] Account expiration on Solaris 2.8
From:       "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay () platts ! com>
Date:       2005-11-19 2:43:57

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

I believe the ACL and another one, see related post, are added by SUN DS5.2 \
"idsconfig" command (iPlanet Directory Server Config), since FDS7.1 does not provide \
this command, these two ACLs do not exist, you could simply add them in at the \
"dc=example,dc=com" (defaultSearchBase) level, using copy and paste and manual \
editing mode.
See related post:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2005-July/msg00133.html

I have seen Account Management features like account lockout, account pw reset  \
leading to user forced pw change, and account expiration working on Solaris Native \
LDAP Client libraries, if you use OpenLDAP+PADL Client libraries, I do not what will \
be in for you, most likely it won't work.
I highly recommend the use of Native Client libs, or else when SUN changes something \
your hard worked craft may not be working anymore.
Gary